Friday, June 1, 2012
Activision Blizzard Settles Infinity Ward Lawsuits
The various legal disputes over Activision's Call of Duty and Modern Warfare titles appears to have been put to bed, according to a statement by Activision Blizzard late Thursday. In a terse statement, Activision Blizzard said that all parties to the litigation related to Infinity Ward have reached a settlement over the matter. Terms of the settlement are confidential. Activison had been locked in a legal battle with Jason West and Vince Zampella, the former founders of Infinity Ward, along with thirty eight of the developers who had worked on Infinity Ward's games, after Activision sued West and Zampella and created a brand new Call of Duty development studio in March of 2010. At the time, Activision said the move was due to "breach of contract and insubordination" by West and Zampella, while the two plus the developers claimed the move was really just greed on Activision's part, to deprive Infinity Ward of royalties due to West, Zampella, and their employees.